Mystery Shopping Top 10: What your customers LOVE!
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
We surveyed our shoppers for the top 10 things they’ve found impressive and… well not so impressive while shopping.
Top 10 things that impress guests
- Being made to feel like we are long awaited friends upon entering the hotel/restaurant.
- Having our name remembered and used in conversation.
- Hearing the smile in the person’s voice when ordering room service or making a phone reservation.
- An associate who is confident in their knowledge of all products and services provided by the establishment and who offer the upgrades without being prompted.
- When the service you are expecting/paying for, exceeds your expectations.
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance of the staff and facilities.
- A sincere thank you.
- When the washrooms get as much attention as the foyer.
- When associates handle changes or special requests with kindness and respect.
- Surprises. Things that were out of the ordinary… The mint/rose on the bed; the extra scoop of ice cream on the dessert; wireless service; more TV stations than at home.
Top 10 Things that do not impress guests
- Employees who forget that many customers are not familiar with the establishment at all – and fail to explain the layout of the building or various options available to them.
- Body language that says,” don’t ask me anything!”
- Hearing personal conversations between workers that makes me feel like an intruder.
- When bad service is recieved and no apology or attempt is made to correct the error/service.
- Overzealous up-selling.
- An untidy appearance of the service provider.
- Long waits without explanation.
- Uncleanliness and poorly maintained facilities
- NO EXTRA’s …just plain old boring service…just what we expected…or less, for more than we paid last time!
- In busy situations, employees who quickly run through their ‘speech’ so fast it is hard to understand them.